Top five kilojoule-blasters
- Swap cheddar cheese for fetta.
Fetta has fewer kilojoules and less fat per serving than cheddar cheese and it tastes just as good on a pizza.
- Swap orange juice for tomato juice.
Tomato juice is better for weight loss as it contains less than half the kilojoules of orange juice and has a lower GI.
- Swap flat breads for lettuce wraps.
If you're cutting back on bread, try crisp lettuce wraps instead. Sang choy bow is a great alternative to those burritos!
- Swap a sandwich for some sushi.
Sushi is much lower in kilojoules and fat than your average cheese-and-tomato sanger. Go for salmon, for an omega-3 hit.
- Swap roasted peanuts for pumpkin seeds.
Snack on seeds for a lower-kilojoule nutrient boost.